Regions || Regional Meeting Dates || Board Members || Event Times
NDN-NET Mailing List || Why Support the Network || Membership Information
Community Strategies - CDS Presentation
Annual Meeting || Publication: Nebraska's Preferred Future
2002 Network Annual Meeting Awards || 2003 Network Annual Meeting Awards
The Nebraska Development Network works to connect business and community leaders throughout the state with people within organizations, agencies and the private sector who have stepped forward as partners in community and economic growth.
Nebraska is internationally recognized as a leader in economic growth because of the strength of its local communities and the Nebraska spirit that unites people with resources, empowering communities to successfully compete in the global environment.
More than 475 organizational members represent 8,000 individuals within the Network. Members include businesses, educational institutions, elected officials, governmental agencies, chambers of commerce, statewide associations, commissions, tribal governments and utilities.
Turn to the Nebraska Development Network for assistance with customized:
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Development
- Technical Assistance
- Leadership Development
- Economic Development
- Business Training
- Workshops and Conferences
- Business Funding Referrals
- Needs Assessment
The mission of the Corporation is to assist communities through education to succeed in a global economy. The purpose of the Network shall be to create and support throughout Nebraska, community and regional development capacity that:
The Network shall be enterprise and resource focused, and community and regionally based, with support from local, regional, state, and federal public and private resources.
- Recognizes shared local responsibility for shaping the community's and region's economic future;
- Generates and focuses public and private resources on effective actions that help communities and business to grow and prosper; and
- Encourages public-private partnerships thereby leveraging limited public resources through private investment.
- To support communities to initiate and plan their own economic futures by providing them with comprehensive information about the principles of community and economic development.
- To provide communities with more accessible, coherent, efficient, and effective services through the cooperative voluntary efforts of its members.
- To increase the resources directed towards economic development by building support within communities, volunteerism, cooperation at volunteer level.
- To expand the leadership base in communities and to train leaders in the concepts of "entrepreneurial communities" -- strategic planning, community development and effective economic development.
- To strive for sustainability with this program by achieving consensus among Network members, state government leaders and communities regarding the economic concepts fundamental to the visions that is the framework of the Network as stated in the purpose statement.
- To support the work of the Region Network Groups.
NE Development Academy Community Builders Nebraska Rural Development Commission Nebraska Urban Community Improvement Program
For more information on the Nebraska Development Network, please contact:
The Nebraska Development Network Jo Lowe 1200 N Street Suite 610, Lincoln, NE 68508-2022 402-471-2698 Fax: 402-471-8690 E-mail: email@example.com
Visit Nebraska@Online, Host for the NDN Web Page